May 31, 2011
Disney's Berry Crisp with Strawberry Sorbet
Berry Crisp with Strawberry Sorbet
Food and Wine Festival
3 c. fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
½ c. honey
1 c. sugar
3 T. lemon juice
1 lb. fresh raspberries
1 lb. fresh blueberries
1 lb. fresh blackberries
1 lb. ripe strawberries
4 oz. granulated sugar
1 oz. flour
1 ½ oz. Grand Marnier
Zest of 1 orange
17 oz. sugar, divided
17 oz. brown sugar, divided
7 oz. oats
14 oz. pecans
14 oz. walnuts
8 oz. melted butter
6 oz. coconut flakes
16 oz. flour
6 oz. soft butter
1. Place the strawberries in a food processor and puree until smooth.
2. Strain the strawberries through a fine chinois.
3. Whisk in the honey, sugar, and lemon juice.
4. Mix well and pour into an ice cream maker.
5. Allow to freeze overnight.
1. Hull and quarter the strawberries.
2. Toss strawberries and all of the remaining fruit with the sugar, flour, and Grand Marnier.
3. Place the filling into ramekins and top with Crisp.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix 11 ounces of sugar, 11 ounces of brown sugar, oats, pecans, walnuts, coconut flakes, and melted butter.
3. Mix well with a wooden spoon. Then in a food processor grind the mixed ingredients together in small batches.
4. Back in the large bowl, mix the blended ingredients with the remaining sugar, flour, brown sugar and soft butter. Mix well then top the fruit filled ramekins.
5. Bake at 375 for 25 to 30 minutes.
6. Top with sorbet and serve.