May 31, 2011
Disney's Sonoma Chicken and Apple Salad
Sonoma Chicken and Apple Salad
Pacific Wharf Cafe
Yield: 4 servings
4 c. water
2 cubes chicken bouillon
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/2 head iceberg lettuce
1/4 c. walnut halves
1/4 c. celery, diced small
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and cut into wedges
2/3 c. honey mustard dressing (your favorite brand)
4 individual-sized bread bowls
4 leaves Romaine or leaf lettuce
8 fresh chives sprigs, chopped
1/4 c. dried cranberries
1. In a medium pot, boil 4 cups of water. Add chicken bouillon, stirring until the bouillon is dissolved in the water. Lower heat, and bring to a simmer.
2. Add chicken breast; cover pot and cook for about 8 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Put chicken in the refrigerator to cool down.
3. Thinly shred the lettuce; set aside.
4. Dice chicken into 1/4" pieces and put it in a medium-sized bowl. Add walnuts, celery, apple wedges, and honey mustard dressing and toss well.
5. Hollow out the bread bowls; fill with the shredded lettuce. Place one lettuce leaf on the edge and place the chicken salad at the center. Sprinkle the salad with chives and cranberries just before serving.