Fluffy Soft Dinner Rolls
Yield: 24-30 rolls
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk, scalded but cooled to warm
- 6 ounces butter, melted
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- In a standing mixing bowl with dough hook, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let sit until lightly foamy, then stir in sugar.
- Mix in egg, salt, warm milk, and 4 ounces of melted butter.
- Slowly add 5 cups flour, adding more as needed to make an elastic dough. Knead for 5 minutes.
- Place dough in buttered bowl, cover with towel, and set in a warm place to rise until double in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Lightly oil a muffin pan. Punch down dough and form dough into 1-inch balls. Place 3 balls in each muffin tin. Fill muffin pan, cover with towel, and allow to rise an additional 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Brush with the remaining melted butter. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.