Disneyland's Cornbread with Honey Butter
Yield: Serves 12
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pastry flour
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 9x13 baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl blend together oil, sugar, and eggs for two minutes.
- Add 2 cups of the water and mix until blended with sugar mixture.
- Add flours, powdered milk, baking powder, salt and vanilla. Mix ten minutes at low speed.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup water and cornmeal. Mix five minutes more.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until golden brown and tester comes out clean. Serve with Honey Butter.
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 cups (1/2 pound) butter, softened
- Beat honey into softened butter until blended. Refrigerate in small molds or serve in bowls.