Fresh Semolina Egg Pasta
Yield: 16 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semolina flour
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- Thoroughly sift together all-purpose flour, semolina flour, and pinch of salt. On a clean surface, make a deep well in center of the flour.
- Crack the eggs into the well and add the olive oil.
- Whisk eggs very gently with a fork, gradually incorporating flour from the sides of the well. This will take a long time! When mixture becomes too thick to mix with a fork, begin kneading with your hands.
- Knead dough for 8 to 12 minutes, until it is smooth and supple. Dust dough and work surface with either flour as needed to keep dough from becoming sticky.
- Wrap dough tightly in plastic and allow it to rest at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough with a pasta machine or a rolling pin to desired thickness. Cut into your favorite style of noodle. Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Cook pasta until tender but not mushy, 2 to 6 minutes, based on thickness. Drain immediately and toss with your favorite sauce.