Disneyland's Blue Bayou Monte Cristo Sandwich
Yield: 1 sandwich
- 1 oz sliced turkey meat
- 1 oz sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 oz sliced ham
- 2 slices white bread
- Make a sandwich using first turkey, then Swiss cheese, then ham.
- Cut sandwich into quarters. Use toothpicks to hold sandwich together.
- Dip sandwich in egg batter (below) and fry in 360 degree oil until golden brown.
- Remove toothpicks and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve with whipped raspberry jelly (below).
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 egg
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder together. Add water to beaten egg and add to flour mixture and mix well. Set aside. (Yields 2 c. batter)
- 8 oz apple jelly
- 8 oz raspberry jam
- 8 oz half and half
- Combine apple jelly and raspberry jam in blender at slow speed.
- Add half and half, and whip in blender at high speed.