Pork Loin with Root Beer Spiced Apples
5 lb. Pork Loin
1 ½ oz. Jerk Seasoning
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Rub jerk seasoning all over pork loin. Place loin in oven. Roast for about one hour and ten minutes or until internal temperature reaches 155 degrees Fahrenheit.
After done, let pork loin rest in a warm place for five minutes. Serve with Blue Bayou Root Beer Spiced Apples. (See Below)
Root Beer Spiced Apples
2 lbs. Granny Smith Apples (About 4 large)
6 oz. Brown Sugar
2 T. Cinnamon
1.5 t. Cornstarch
2.5 c. Root Beer Soda
1 t. Nutmeg
1/8 t. Ground Cloves
1 ½ t. Cold Water
1. Core, peel and cut apples into wedges.
2. Combine root beer, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves into a saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir frequently.
3. In a separate bowl, mix cornstarch and a little water to make a thin paste.
4. When the mix starts boiling, add the cornstarch paste and stir well.
5. Add the apples and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Stir frequently. Serve partially over the pork loin on the plate.