Disneyland's Clam Chowder
Café Orleans, French Market Restaurant, Royal Street VerandaYield: 4-6 servings
- 1/4 lb. butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 quart milk
- 1 1/2 cups chopped clams, reserving juice
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cube chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 1/2 cups potatoes, cooked and diced
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter; add onions, celery, red and green peppers and thyme. Sautee until tender.
- Add flour and chicken broth cube; cook over low heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Add milk and reserved clam juice. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add clams, potatoes, salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes over low heat.