May 21, 2010

Stove Top Beer Bread

Yum
So I'm having a brewski the other night and decide to experiment with the last of it by making a beer bread. How cool, I thought.


But then I didn't want to wait around for it to bake or anything like that as is traditionally done, so I ventured onto the internet in search of something that could be made on the stove instead. Then I came across this Stove Top Beer Bread from Cut Out + Keep - huzzah! Theirs comes out much more like a biscuit (which is what I was intending), and mine came out more like Beer Bread Pancakes.


Still delicious with a hint of beer and with the dash of thyme and rosemary, it really developed an intense flavor the next day. So I did what anyone would do in this situation (right?) and topped my little beer breadies with some sunflower seed butter and had at a couple.

Now you may be wondering...does beer bread go with beer? My answer: does anything not go with beer? Enjoy!

Ingredients

1 cups flour
1/2 bottle beer (4-6 oz)
1 teaspoon baking powder
dash of thyme
dash of rosemary
pinch of salt
pinch of sugar
optional: replace some of the beer with some water - just use more than half as beer

Directions

1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. The batter should be thick and "sticky."
2. Grease a pan, turn it to medium to medium high, and drop by spoonfuls.
3. Cook like a pancake. Shape into biscuits if desired.
4. Relax, have a home brew, and enjoy your stove stop beer bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment