May 18, 2010

Savory Buttermilk Thyme Drop Biscuits

Yum

More buttermilk recipes! Just what everyone wanted, I know. Though I suppose these biscuits could be made with regular milk as well. Ask Martha Stewart - that's where I got them.

No, my biscuits do not look as pretty as hers, but damned if they don't taste completely awesome!


I really cannot stress enough how much I loved these. I think we combined them with chicken or something delicious, and I ate one a day until they disappeared. Hmm, I think I'll go make some more right now...Enjoy!

Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves, (or 1 teaspoon dried)
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
4 tablespoon cold (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1 cup buttermilk, plus more if needed

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, combine flour, thyme, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Using a fork, pastry blender, or your fingers, incorporate butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse meal.
2. Mix in buttermilk until a sticky dough forms. You may need to add up to 1 tablespoon more buttermilk.
3. Drop 8 biscuits (each about 1/3 cup) onto a nonstick baking sheet and lightly pat tops to flatten slightly.
4. Bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through. Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment