Is there anything more comforting than some good ole down home chicken and biscuits? Mmm cajun chicken drumsticks!
The biscuits are same ones as the Savory Buttermilk Thyme Drop Biscuits. Delicious. You MUST try these biscuits. I could rant and rave all day about them - honestly.
As you can see, everything was paired with some scrumptious veggies. There was baked mushrooms and baked tomato alongside a helping of homemade coleslaw and steamed yellow squash. It all was the perfect accompaniment to help lighten up the chicken and biscuits - I will definitely be making this again. Enjoy!
1 tomato, cut in half
1 yellow squash, sliced up
2 handfuls of whole mushrooms
2 cups of coleslaw
4 chicken drumsticks, skin on to preserve moisture
cajun seasoning, to taste
black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Preheat toaster oven to 350 as well, if available.
2. Sprinkle or coat drumsticks with cajun seasoning and place in a baking pan in the oven. Bake until juice runs clear when cut.
3. Steam or boil squash to desired softness.
4. Arrange mushrooms and tomato halves on sheet and bake for 10 minutes, checking often.
5. Sprinkle pepper on tomato when everything is done. Voila. Perfection.