Kefir Labneh Balls
Yield: 10+ balls
- 1 quart kefir
- cayenne pepper
- ginger powder
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- bread crumbs
- Prepare kefir like you normally would but let it ferment longer until it completely separates from the whey.
- Gently place the yogurt in the center of cheesecloth folded a couple times. Gather up the ends of the cloth and tie up tight, gently gathering up the kefir curds to form a ball. Save the whey for your own uses.
- Hang the kefir overnight. The next morning, much of the whey will have drained out - firm on the outside and soft and creamy on the inside.
- Put your spice mix in a bowl and bread crumbs in another bowl. The amount you need will vary according to preferences, so season the spices to taste. Pinch off chunks of cheese, dunk them in the spices, then gently roll them to form balls.
- They can be served immediately or left in the fridge for a couple days. The bread crumb ones are also pretty good baked.