Mint Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt
Total time: 1 hour
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 teaspoons powdered gelatin
- 1 3/4 cups skim milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- ~18 ounces Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 ounce dark chocolate, finely chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup milk.
- In a small saucepan, heat the remaining 1 1/4 cups milk with sugar over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. When mixture is boiling, pour into bowl with milk and gelatin and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Stir yogurt into gelatin mixture. Whisk in peppermint extract.
- Freeze in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Toward the end of freezing time, add chocolate.
- Serve immediately or freeze to desired consistency.