If you love spaghetti squash, or have never tried it before, here's a simple, easy recipe that is sure to please. It's like having a nice bed of tasty pasta without the pasta. You can easily add chicken of anything else that you want to this, and you've got yourself a complete meal. Yum. Enjoy!
Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved and seed removed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup feta or similar cheese
- 3 tablespoons black olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Place spaghetti squash cut sides down on the prepared baking sheet, and bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until tender. Remove squash from oven, and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic, and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, and cook only until tomatoes are warm.
- Use a large spoon to scoop the stringy pulp from the squash, and place in a medium bowl. Toss with the sauteed vegetables, feta cheese, olives, and basil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm (throw back in the pan if need be).