February 20, 2010

Cottage Cheese Yogurt

Yum

I don't know why I came up with this. I just wanted to get some of the lactose out of the protein-rich cottage cheese so that it might be even healthier and easier to digest. It turned out better than expected though. I thought maybe it would have the consistency of cottage cheese and the tartness of yogurt, but it's really more of a fine balance between the two. Creamy cottage cheese that is less salty and more appealing texture-wise.

It's uber simple (I always opt for the simple), and best of all it can be combined with a variety of toppings or addins. I added oats to mine the night before and a drop of tahini right before I devoured it for breakfast. Experiment with your own unique take on Cottage Cheese Yogurt. Enjoy!

Ingredients

1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup greek yogurt
optional:
oats
tahini

Directions

Mix together than cottage cheese and the yogurt. If using oats, add them now as well.
Let sit overnight in the fridge.
Eat for breakfast with whatever extra toppings you like.
It's that simple.
I might also suggest adding honey or fruit as well. Any way you slice it, it's a great start to your morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment