It's simple. It's basic. It's comforting. Mac n Cheese.
But this aint no mac n cheese like your mother made out of a box. This is deluxe. Next time you're in the mood for some of that comfort food from back when you were a tyke, consider this spiced-up edition. It'll have you asking "Why haven't I been making it like this all along?"
Mac n Cheese seems to be kind of a thing in New England (and maybe the Bay Area too), but this recipe was first thought up in the dry desert of Las Vegas. At least that's where I had it first. Full credit for this goes to my awesome cousin. Enjoy!
1 box of mac n cheese (preferably with shells and white cheese but anything will work really)
splash of sesame oil
freshly grated parmesan cheese
dash of black pepper
1. Make mac n cheese according to the box's instructions (piece of cake).
2. Splash some sesame oil over the macaroni until you get a hint of the sesame smell.
3. Toss on a little black pepper.
4. Add cajun to taste (but beware of it's salt content if you're watching out for that).
5. Sprinkle some freshly grated parmesan cheese and mix in while it's still hot to create a wonderful gooey-ness that will make your eyes pop open with joy.