Wow! This is so cool is so many ways. Cake in a slow cooker. Delicious cake in a slow cooker. Moist, chocolatey, rich cake in a slow cooker. Simple and amazingly easy.
I don't know if I can get over how flabbergasted I am that this turned out so gorgeously well. So warm and dark and moist - absolutely the best cake I've ever made. One of the best parts is that it's a cake without frosting (because I generally despise frosting). OK, I'm going to just hand you the recipe now, both so that you can make it yourself and so I can grab another piece. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Chocolate Cake
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cups and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Spray crock of a 2 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla until well combined. Whisk in the boiling water. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared slow cooker.
- Set slow cooker to low. Cook until cake has no wet spots on top and has pulled away from the sides of the crock, about 4 hours. DO NOT remove lid at any time, otherwise you'll lose moisture. Turn off slow cooker and allow cake to rest for 30 minutes before serving.