Tired of the same old corned beef and cabbage? Try a different take on a classic recipe.
Pork tenderloin replaces the corned beef in this variation. Don't have a spice packet with your pork tenderloin though, now do you? No problem!
Just take some salt, whole peppercorns, and whole garlic, mix with water, and marinade the pork. Then cook as you would the corned beef. Fantastic! and less fatty. Enjoy!
1 pork tenderloin
10 small potatoes, cut or not
5 carrots, cut in 3 inch pieces
1 head of cabbage, cut into wedges (8ths)
2 onions, quartered
6-10 garlic, whole
1 tablespoon salt
3 tablespoons whole peppercorns
1. Marinade the pork in the salt, peppercorns, and garlic with water for at least 4 hours.
2. Cook pork and marinade on the stove or in a crock pot until tender (about 40-50 minutes per pound).
3. 50 minutes before pork is finished, add potatoes and carrots.
4. 20 minutes before pork is finished, add cabbage and onions.
5. Let pork rest for 15 minutes after cooked through. Serve with a spoonful of the juices on top.