March 29, 2011
Burger a la King
What's that? You want a burger Elvis would enjoy? Well then you've come to the right place! Peanut butter, bananas, and most importantly bacon make a surprising appearance on top of this monster of a burger.
This was prepared as part of Denny's and Foodbuzz BACONALIA challenge and is an entry for a chance to win.
A burger fit only for a King. It's good to be The King.
1 pound of ground beef, formed into two patties
2 burger buns
2 tablespoons peanut butter
6 pieces bacon
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a pan on medium and salt and pepper both sides of the patties just before throwing them on the grill.
2. Add the bacon at the same time.
3. Cut up the banana into slices.
4. Spread 1 tablespoon peanut butter on the top of each bun.
5. Once burgers are cooked as desired, place on the bottom bun, top with banana, add bacon, then close with the peanut butter-slathered top bun.
6. Enjoy feeling like The King.