April 08, 2011

Corned Beef Hash

Yum

I love corned beef. I particularly love it in hash form. Whenever I see it homemade on a menu I immediately steer towards it - I just can't help myself. Maybe you're the same way too.

So after cooking a great corned beef and cabbage dinner, the leftover corned beef had me salivating for some hash for breakfast over the weekend. Turned out perfectly.


One of the best things about this is that the corned beef is so flavorful that you don't need to add any extra salt or seasonings. It's ready as-is. Awesome. Enjoy!

Serves 2

Ingredients

leftover corned beef, about half pound
2 medium potatoes, diced
2 eggs
spinach
juice from cooked corned beef, or water

Directions

1. Shred or tear apart corned beef.
2. Throw diced potatoes into a pan and cook until soft with juice from corned beef.
3. Add corned beef and toss/mix. Add more juice or water as necessary so it doesn't dry out.
4. Cook 2 eggs sunny side up. When eggs are almost done, add spinach on top to cook it.
5. Build your corned beef hash breakfast tower of awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment