August 27, 2010

Muesli with Yogurt

Yum

I think there's something wrong with my camera. See that purple line at the top? Not too pretty. And the display screen doesn't seem to work as well as it once did. And the pictures don't seem to come out as clear (not that they were ever that awesome to start. Any tips for fixing it would be sincerely appreciated!

Anyway, on to the goods! Muesli - sweet, sweet muesli. I'm not a fan of plain milk, so I make my own yogurt a lot. But I love muesli. There's something about leaving it overnight to soak up everything that I love. Plus, it's perfect for a hot summer day.


It's also pretty much perfect because I don't have to spend time over a hot stove cooking oatmeal to get my oats fix. And it's also pretty much perfect because you can toss in whatever your little heart desires, as I've done here. Read on for the specifics. Enjoy!

Ingredients

1/4 cup oats
1/4 cup greek yogurt (or 2/3 cup milk or non-dairy milk)
water
half an apple, chopped
half a pear, chopped
half a peach, sliced
few slices of banana
handful of blueberries
optional: few drops of honey

Directions

1. Mix the oats, yogurt (or milk), and water (no water if using milk) until smooth.
2. Add the firmer fruits like apples and pears. Mix again. (If using honey, add now.)
3. Let sit in the fridge overnight.
4. In the morning, toss in a few slices of peach, banana, and a handful of blueberries. Mix. Add more yogurt + water (or milk) if thicker than desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment