December 23, 2011

Basic Fudge - no chocolate

Yum

A basic fudge. I wanted fudge without chocolate, so I used my Mom's World Famous Fudge and just took out the chocolate. I love to experiment in the kitchen, and we had a little leftover evaporated milk, so I proportioned everything down. It came out like an English-style fudge, complete with a crumblier texture and slight vanilla taste.

It looks beautiful and sets super quickly. I think the best thing about this though is that it can be used as a base for any fudge flavoring you wish. Enjoy!


Ingredients

4½ cups sugar
1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
¼ lb. ( 1 stick ) butter or margarine
1 7 oz. ( 1 pint ) marshmallow cream whip
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup nuts ( optional )

Directions

Pour canned milk and all of sugar into a large pot.
Heat on high, stirring constantly until you come to a rolling boil.
Lower heat to medium and continue to stir constantly for 8 minutes.
Turn off the fire, add the rest of ingredients but the nuts. Stir the mixture quickly, till creamy. Then add the nuts, if desired.
Turn out into a buttered rectangle cake pan. Let cool overnight, then cut.

2 comments: