Best homemade thin pizza crust yet. Light and crispy on the outside. Soft and airy on the inside. The trick is...well, follow the instructions and you'll see. Really, it's absolutely delicious. And there are a few easy tricks to it. Enjoy!
Homemade Thin Crust Pizza Dough
Yield: 1 large pizza
- 3 1/2 cups (448g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- optional: 1 tablespoon sugar or honey
- Mix yeast with water and sugar or honey, if using. Let sit for a few minutes.
- Mix in oil and salt.
- Mix in flour until just mixed together. Do not knead.
- Right before kneading, let rest for 15 minutes to allow the gluten to form and moisture to spread throughout.
- Knead until smooth and elastic. Cut into two. Store one in the fridge or freezer for another time.
- Let rise until doubled (about an hour).
- Preheat oven to highest temperature and place a pizza stone or upside down baking sheet on the highest rack.
- Stretch dough into pizza shape by hand.
- Let dough relax for 5 minutes before placing in the oven.
- Add toppings and immediately put in the oven.
- Bake until browned and crispy (about 8-12 minutes).