November 04, 2010

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

Yum

Wow! These cookies are good. So good. Smack yourself across the face good.


Love pumpkin? Love oats? Love cookies? Who doesn't, right? Then you will go bat-crazy over these.


They're the perfect size for enjoying any time. Small enough to feel like you haven't overindulged yet their small stature keeps calling you back for more.


They're the best cookies I've ever made, and possibly the best thing I've ever baked. Perfection in every bite. If you have a go at them, tell me what you thought and if you made any changes. Enjoy!

Ingredients

1 ½ cups flour
1 cup sugar
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
¾ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
¾ cup butter, softened (we used smart balance)
1 egg, beaten
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 ¾ cups rolled oats

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.
3. Add softened butter to dry mixture and stir until mixture is crumbly.
4. Stir in egg, pumpkin, oats, and raisins or nuts if you are using them.
5. Drop by the teaspoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake 15 minutes or until done.

1 comment:

  1. OH my gosh! I've been on the hunt for the perfect cookie, and I think I just found it! Trying these tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete