I really like making pizzas. I can be as creative as I want to be, and that's kind of liberating in a way. I mean you can dream up so many different types of pizzas, healthy pizzas at that, which you'd never find in any restaurant. It's fantastic.
This one here is a completely sauceless pizza. Take some dough, lay on the spinach, add some zucchini and squash, roasted garlic and green onion, sauteed onion, a crumble of ricotta, some scrambled egg, and presto! Divine. Enjoy!
1 zucchini, sliced
1 squash, sliced
2 cloves garlic, diced
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 onion, sliced
3 eggs, scrambled
spinach, enough to lay over entire pizza dough
crumbly cheese (ricotta or feta, perhaps), enough to sprinkle on sparingly
olive oil to coat pan
salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings to taste
1. Stretch dough out into the pizza shape you want. Let it rise a little and then bake at 350 F for 10-15 minutes. You don't want it completely done, but almost starting to brown.
2. While that's going on, lightly coat a pan with the olive oil and saute all the veggies (minus the spinach) together until tender. Add a dash of salt and pepper and any Italian seasonings at this point. Move to a plate.
3. Scramble your eggs in the same pan. Mmm leftover deliciousness.
4. Take pizza dough out of the oven and top with spinach and then everything else in whatever order you like. Heat in the oven for another 5-10 minutes or until dough is nice and done.
5. Add extra seasoning if you desire, but mostly likely none will be needed.