November 16, 2010

Pesce Spada alla Siciliana (Sicilian Swordfish)

Yum

Swordfish can be expensive at a restaurant, right? At least it always is when I see it. So when I saw swordfish steaks on sale for $3.49/lb, I was all over them. I think I bought 6!


Trancia di Pesce Spada, otherwise known as Sicilian Swordfish, is so amazing. I guess it was developed by Sicilian fishermen after a good haul of swordfish. And thank goodness they did because this fish is moist. The olive oil really helps with that, and the oregano and garlic blend really well into it.

We served this with a side of Buitoni Wild Mushroom Agnolotti (awesome, I'll post on this later) and some pan-roasted corn, fresh off the cob.


What I'll do with the other two is probably some sort of miso marinade like the Miso Black Cod. Won't be as light, but damned if it won't be tasty nonetheless.

How do you like to make your swordfish?

Ingredients

To serve 4:
4 swordfish steaks, 3/4 of an inch (2 cm) high
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 cup Olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic
salt and pepper to taste
any other Italian seasonings you like

Directions

Season the olive oil with the oregano, garlic, and spices (save the salt and pepper) and briefly marinate the fish steaks in it.

Drain them well and cook them either on a hot skillet or over the coals, turning them to brown the outside on both sides.

Lightly salt and pepper them and serve them at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment