So we found this recipe over at Just Doing My Best. They are oh so delicious! Plus, they're so tiny that popping one after another into your mouth doesn't seem so bad, right?
Here's the recipe as we used it. J added some mini chocolate chips to a batch for extra sweetness. These are highly addictive. You have been warned. Enjoy!
1 ½ cups flour
1 cup sugar
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
¾ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
¾ cup butter, softened (we used smart balance)
1 egg, beaten
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 ¾ cups rolled oats
optional: 1 cup raisins or chopped nuts
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.
3. Add softened butter to dry mixture and stir until mixture is crumbly.
4. Stir in egg, pumpkin, oats, and raisins or nuts if you are using them.
5. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake 15 minutes or until done.