This is a delicious recipe that has been around my home since my youth. Add a side of veggies if you're in the mood, or leave as-is for pure comfort food. Enjoy!
Yield: Serves 4-8
- 1.5-2 lbs chicken breasts or tender (cut up, bite-size, or as strips)
- 1/3 cup seasoned flour (1 tsp. seasoned salt and Â¼ tsp. pepper and/or 1 tsp. McCormick Montreal chicken seasoning)
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 10 1/2 oz cans 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 2.5 tablespoons dried onion
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- dash pepper
- 2 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 soup cans water
- 4 cups Minute Rice
- Cut Chicken and coat with the Seasoned Flour mix. (salt, pepper & Montreal chicken seasoning) (You can dip the chicken in 1 beaten egg before the flour if you want.)
- Brown the coated chicken in the melted butter or margarine. Set that aside but save the buttered drippings for soup mix.
- In a separate pot combine the soup, seasonings, butter drippings and water. Heat to a boil. Put 1/4 to 1/3 of the soup mix aside.
- Put dry Minute Rice in the larger soup mix and stir, then put that mixture in a 9 x 11 cake pan or a casserole dish.
- Top with Chicken and pore the rest of soup mix on top.
- Bake, uncovered at 375 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until lightly golden brown on top.