As you can see, we topped ours with avocado. Yep, delicious. Enjoy!
Base Frittata Recipe
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 12 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon herbs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb vegetables
- 2 teaspoons oil
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position.
- Whisk eggs, water, the salt, the pepper, and herbs in medium bowl until well combined. Set eggs aside.
- Heat oil in 12-inch oven-safe skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion and cook until it softens slightly. Add vegetables and cook until beginning to brown.
- Turn on broiler.
- Add egg mixture to skillet and cook, using spatula to stir and scrape bottom of skillet, until large curds form but eggs are still very wet, about 2 minutes. Shake skillet to distribute eggs evenly; cook without stirring for 30 seconds to let bottom set.
- Put skillet under broiler and broil until frittata has risen and surface is puffed and spotty brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- When cut into with a knife, eggs should be slightly wet and runny. Remove skillet from oven and let stand 5 minutes to finish cooking.
- Using spatula, loosen frittata from skillet and slide onto cutting board. Cut into wedges and serve.