Yes, you'll have to scale the filet. Which sucks. It's just not fun, though it's not hard. But it is well worth it. Enjoy!
Crispy Skin Salmon
Yield: 4-8 servings
- 1-2 lb salmon filet
- 1-2 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper
- optional: lemon juice
- Scale the filet. Set the oven to broil.
- Place in a baking dish large enough so that it lays flat.
- Pat dry, and rub oil over both sides of the salmon, also making sure the bottom of the dish is oiled.
- Salt and pepper both sides as well.
- Set the filet skin side up.
- Place the dish 4 inches from the broiler.
- The salmon is done when the skin is starting to darken, is crispy, and the rest of the filet appears cooked through.
- Serve immediately. If desired, splash some lemon juice underneath while plating, so as not to ruin the crispy skin.