Another easy cake to make that requires absolutely no nasty frosting, icing, or the like. Just like the Slow Cooker Chocolate Cake, it's easy. It might come out a little denser and more like a bread pudding consistency. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Apple Spice Cake
Yield: 8 servings
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Spray crock of a 2 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, brown sugar, spices, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the applesauce, oil, and egg. Beat until smooth.
- Add the applesauce mixture to the dry ingredients and beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH until puffed and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 2 1/2 hours.
- Turn the cooker off and let it stand with the lid on for 30 minutes to cool.
- To remove the cake, run a rubber spatula around the edge and lift it out.