June 10, 2011

Blueberry Waffle French Toast

Yum

Have you ever been to a restaurant and can't decide between the waffles or french toast? Now you don't have to! For everyone who ever wished they could combine the two, this is for you.


Either prepare the waffles from scratch beforehand or use frozen blueberry waffles. Either way, this will be a unique and tasty hit around your kitchen table, breakfast nook, or in bed for that special someone. Enjoy!

Serves 2

Ingredients

2 blueberry waffles
1 egg
cinnamon

Directions

Make waffles (frozen are fine, just toast them first).

Whisk egg in bowl. Dip and coat waffles in egg.

Heat in a pan on medium heat until cooked on both sides (about 2 minutes per side).

Sprinkle with cinnamon when finished. Serve warm while still crispy.

2 comments:

  1. This is genius, and looks delicious! The next time I'm in the mood for a lazy weekend breakfast, I think I know what recipe I'll be going to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It really is so insanely simple. I love it. Let me know how it turns out for you.

    ReplyDelete