December 23, 2010

Asian Spiced Turnip and Potato Stuffed Peppers

Yum

I think I had the most fun photographing these. I mean look at all the pictures! I haven't posted so many in...well, ever.


I love stuffed peppers, but I really hate when they're stuffed with cheese. It absolutely ruins the whole thing for me. No thank you!


So these are just perfect. Roasted in the oven, slightly crunchy on the outside, and soft on the inside, filled with an Asian-spiced turnip and potato leftover hash.


Beautiful. Among other things. Enjoy!

Ingredients

2 bell pepper, with their tops off
1 medium turnip, cubed
1 potato, cubed
1/2 onion, sliced
1 green onion, chopped
1-2 tablespoons soy sauce
1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/4 cup water
garlic powder to taste
salt and pepper to taste
canola oil, a dash

Directions

1. Cook turnip and potato cubes in water on medium heat until tender. Add onions. Add more water if necessary, then drain.

2. Mix soy sauce, lemon juice, dash of oil, garlic powder, and green onions. Toss over turnip, potato, and onions until heated.

3. Stuff mix into peppers, turn oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees, and roast until peppers are done. Add salt and pepper as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment