June 21, 2010

Homebrew West Coast Pale Ale

Yum

This is my first ever homebrew. I'm such a proud father. This must be what it feels like to have a child come into the world.



Anyway, I got a Mr. Beer kit for insanely cheap (like $10) and pumped out 2.5 gallons of West Coast Pale Ale over 6 weeks. 2 weeks of fermenting, 2 weeks of bottle conditioning, and 2 weeks of in-the-fridge conditioning. It's called the 2-2-2 method or something. Works like a charm. The brew came out slightly sweeter than I would've thought, but the flavor is crispy and refreshing.

I highly recommend trying it if you can find it for such a low price. I'm not going to use any of their other mixes; instead, I'm going to venture out on my own but still use their kit equipment. I'll be making a Newcastle clone soon and then an Oatmeal Stout. I can't wait!

Anyone else ever brew their own beer? Tips, tricks, suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment