Easier and quicker to make than regular pancakes and possibly even healthier because it's sugar free. This naturally no added sugar pancake will please everyone. Other variations include cooked fruit or preserves or plain with a dusting of powdered sugar and or cinnamon. Enjoy!
Bismarck or Dutch Baby
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 pear, sliced thin
- lemon juice
- Heat oven to 475 F.
- Place butter in cast iron or oven-safe dish. Put in oven once it has reached 475 F. Melt the butter until it sizzles and then take it out.
- Meanwhile, mix together the flour, milk, and eggs into a batter. Do not overmix.
- Make sure the butter has coated the entire pan, and pour the batter into the center.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes, until it has puffed up and started to brown.
- Take the pan out and place the Bismarck / Dutch Baby on a plate.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over it and place pear slices everywhere.
- Roll it up and serve immediately.