Crispy Baked Falafel
Yield: 12-24 falafels
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dried chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 1 green onion
- 1/4-1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- pinch cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F with rack in the center. Coat a baking sheet with 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- In a food processor, combine the soaked, drained, and rinsed chickpeas, green onion, parsley, 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, cumin, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Process until smooth.
- Scoop out about 1-2 tablespoons (depending on how big you'd like them) of the mixture at a time. Shape the falafel into small patties, about 1/2 inch thick. Place each falafel on your oiled sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then remove the falafel from the oven and carefully flip each one. Return the pans to the oven for another 12 to 13 minutes, until the falafels are lightly browned on both sides.
Adapted from America's Test Kitchen