Have a hankerin' for chicken souvlaki but no grill? Or is it winter and too damn cold out for such nonsense?
Then hurry on up and get your baked souvlaki on! Easier than the grill and just as good! Serve with some warm, soft pita bread and maybe a tzatziki sauce. Enjoy!
Baked Chicken Souvlaki
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 onion, cuty into quarters
- 1 bell peppers, cut into large pieces
- Place all ingredients into a zip lock bag. Shake to coat evenly. Allow to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Dump contents into a baking dish, spreading evenly.
- Bake at 350 F for 45-60 minutes, until the chicken begins to turn golden brown.