Banana Buttermilk Bread.
Extra points for those who spot them. Points being my subscription to your blog and possible recipe highlight in a future post. Enjoy!
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup cottage cheese
2 eggs, beaten
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 large extra ripe bananas)
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
optional: 1/2 cup chopped nuts
1. Grease (I used a tad of butter) a 9x5 loaf pan.
2. In a medium bowl, incorporate beaten eggs, lemon juice, and buttermilk.
3. Stir the banana mash into the wet mixture and mix well.
4. Add sugar to wet mixture.
5. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
6. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
7. Gradually add to the wet mixture in small amounts until fully incorporated. Do not overmix.
8. Place the banana bread batter in a greased baking pan and bake for 1 hour.
**To test for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of the loaf 5 minutes before baking time is over. When the toothpick comes out clean, the bread is done. You can also visually check if the bread is done by looking for a nice medium brown color and also checking that the banana bread has pulled away from the edges of the baking pan.