May 03, 2010

Cottage Cheese Pancakes!

Yum

I'm kind of proud of these pictures - for once. It's all thanks to the fact that we made something early enough that the light shown beautifully into the kitchen at just the right angle. Well, moving on...

Have you ever heard of cottage cheese pancakes? I hadn't until J told me about the fond childhood memories she had with her friend and devouring one after the other right out of the pan. So we just had to have them!

I imagined they would be like a regular pancake - you know, cakey and whatnot but with cottage cheese in the recipe. Oh how wrong I was. It's almost like the Oatmeal Pancakes or even the Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancakes from last autumn.


They're so light, delicate, and simple I can't help but eat a ton of them. I'm always interested in new kinds of pancakes and breakfast foods in general, so if you have any recipes to share, please do. And if you've heard/made cottage cheese pancakes yourself, do tell. Maybe there's an exciting variation out there we can try. Enjoy!

Ingredients

1/2 cup cottage cheese
2 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons of flour OR rolled oats
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
optional: pinch of salt

Directions

Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
Heat a pan to medium heat. Grease if desired.
Pour in 1/4 cup amounts onto pan.
Flip when pancakes are loose and slide around the pan.
Devour!

No comments:

Post a Comment