The banana blossom gives an almost coconut-like taste to the dish. It's texture is reminiscent of green onions, perhaps. Not hard, slightly crunchy. Plus, it's just fun to try a new ingredient! Enjoy!
Banana Blossom Stir Fry
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 banana blossom, prepared
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 eggs
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cooked rice, dry
- Boil the prepped banana blossom for a minute. Drain.
- Heat the canola oil, stir fry the onion and carrot, then the banana blossom a few minutes later. Add turmeric.
- Add the cooked rice until heated through. Add whatever sauces and seasonings you like. Set entire mixture aside.
- Scramble the eggs, add the garlic, then add the rice mixture back to the pan. Stir well and enjoy.