Garlic Broccoli Rabe
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 bunches broccoli rabe
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- Rinse and drain the broccoli rabe. Cut off and discard the tough ends and cut the rest of into 2-inch pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or pan. Over low heat, cook the garlic, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Remove the garlic and set aside.
- Add the broccoli rabe stems to the hot oil. Cook for 3-5 minutes, covered. Add the rest of the broccoli rabe, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper and cook, covered, over medium low heat for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the stalks are tender.
- Add the reserved garlic, season additionally to taste, and serve hot.