Homemade Mushroom Stuffing
Yield: 10 servings
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 10 cups dried breads cubes (1 inch)
- 1 cup water or broth
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Melt butter in a large pan. Saute onions and celery on medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Add mushrooms, salt, and thyme for 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Add bread cubes and gently stir them into the mushroom mixture.
- Slowly pour water or broth over the bread cubes folding everything carefully so the bread cubes do not break apart too much.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop stuffing into a medium casserole dish and bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until nice and toasty on top.