A couple years back, we spent a wonderful weekend at a B&B in New Hampshire. It was amazing, and one of the best B&Bs we've ever been to. One of the huge pluses was the breakfast, which was made completely from scratch every morning for us and that was different every day. Apparently, over the years others like us have requested the recipes because they were so good!
These blueberry muffins are bursting with flavor and were one of the many highlights of the trip. And when they're warm and fresh out of the oven, oh man, there's almost nothing better. Enjoy!
Yield: 16 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat 400F.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Add the blueberries and toss.
- In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix quickly with a fork, until flour disappears. Do not overmix. Batter should be lumpy.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin tins about 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle each muffin with a little sugar, up to 1/2 teaspoon.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.